Posted: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 6:47 AM
Job Title: Production Manager
Relocation Assistance is available.
The purpose of this position is to plan, direct and coordinate the work of food manufacturing employees, resulting in safe operation on all shifts, producing high quality
products on:time, and motivating the workforce.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the
production of food products.
2. Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences
to meet production goals.
3. Interpret production orders and company policies and procedures for
4. Confer with other managers between departments.
5. Assume complete responsibility for all activities of the department and
6. Calculate labor and equipment requirements and production specifications,
using standard formulas.
7. Maintain operations data such as time, production, and cost records, and
prepare management reports of production results.
8. Observe work, and monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure
that operators conform to production or processing standards.
9. Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or
10. Provide written reports of issues, problems and/or observations on a
11. Confer with management, co:workers and/or subordinates to resolve worker
problems, complaints, or grievances.
12. Demonstrate positive leadership practices including setting clear goals
with shift leads and employees, providing regular feedback, and contributing
to a positive and motivational work environment.
13. Enforce plant GMP's and Food Safety policies and procedures, general
plant housekeeping and organization.
14. Demonstrate equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new
15. The employee understands and complies with all food safety policies,
procedures and programs as stated in the Company's Food Safety Manual.
Skills and Experience
To perform the job successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of
Functional and Technical Skills: Minimum five years in
food production required.
Excellent communications skills required, including active
listening and effective speaking.
Motivating Others: Demonstrated skill in contributing to a
motivating work environment.
Ethics and Values: Demonstrated ability to maintain the highest
ethical standards in the work environment.
Integrity and Trust: Demonstrated skill in earning and keeping
co:worker and direct reports trust.
Organizing: Demonstrated skill in organizing work, setting
priorities and planning ahead required.
Perseverance: Demonstrated skill in working toward goals despite
Drive for Results: Focus on and commitment to achieving outcomes
Four:year degree preferred, Two:year associate degree, vocational training, or equivalent experience
Minimum of five
years of experience in food production management.
• Location: salisbury
• Post ID: 7230008 delaware