Electrical/Avionics Engineering Supervisor - Northrop Grumman Corporation (Princess Anne, Maryland)
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It’s not the systems that drive us: it’s the soldier our systems bring home. It’s not just the equipment that motivates us: it’s the people our equipment protects. It’s not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it’s whom those innovations serve. We’re united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a motivated professional to join our team as an Electrical/Avionics Engineering Supervisor who will provide the leadership function for the Electrical Systems and Avionics Systems activities on the Theoretical Studies and Engineering Research (TSER) program at Princess Anne, Maryland.
The Electrical/Avionics Engineering Supervisor is required to have a strong and varied technical understanding sufficient to manage the Electrical Engineering (EE) and Guidance-Navigation-Control (GNC) activities of the program. These activities require the inherent ability to design, produce, test, operate, and determine the flight worthiness of various telemetry, power, ordnance mechanisms, avionics, attitude control, and other system assemblies to meet or exceed customer requirements. Analytical skills to support studies of electrical/avionics design and testing requirements of sounding rockets to ensure that customer goals are achieved. Must possess the organizational and leaderships skills necessary to lead department staff and project/mission teams.
May serve as a Mission Manager or Project Engineer, responsible for project/mission technical performance, schedule compliance, cost/spend planning and tracking, and customer/contractor interfaces.
1. Direct supervision of analytical, developmental, and operational aspects of sounding rocket electrical (EE) and avionics (GNC) systems.
2. Manages the activities of subordinate engineers required to meet the objectives of design and development projects, including cost, schedule, and performance.
3. Serves as the technical specialist for the electrical and avionics engineering group in the applications of concepts, principles, theories, and processes. Must be fluent and experienced in general electrical design, production, test, and operations support. Must be fluent and experience in general avionics and GNC design, production, test, and operations support.
4. Manages and participates in engineering problem resolution and specification development and/or modification.
5. Establishes guidelines and criteria for design and development projects.
6. The electrical and avionics engineering supervisor will ensure specifications, presentations, and reports supporting the above activities are adequate for internal and external support.
7. May serve as Mission Manager (MM) or as Project Engineer (PE) for vehicle missions, vehicle subsystems, support systems, or other projects. Responsible for spend plans, project/mission technical performance, schedule compliance, and customer interface.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17003845&lang=en
• Post ID: 5769786 delaware