Engineer Electrical 3 - Sounding Rockets - Northrop Grumman Corporation (Princess Anne, Maryland)
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Electrical Engineer 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Princess Anne, MD.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's TSER program.
This position researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment and systems, applying principles and techniques of electrical engineering. Develops applications of controls, instruments, and systems for government and commercial sounding rocket programs; and operational procedures and practices as they apply to sub-orbital rockets. Requires hands-on experience and operational proficiency with electronic equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, signal generators, power supplies, multi-meters, etc. Programming and computer application skills such as Lab-View/Windows, C, C++, OrCad, Microsoft Office, MATLAB are desired. Ordnance handling will be required after training and certification. Experience and/or training with Printed Circuit Board (PCB) micro-controllers, PIC’s, EPLD, PLD’s, DSP’s is becoming a requirement for this position. Good hands-on and troubleshooting ability and experience is also desirable. Travel required. Capable of functioning as a payload or project team member as well as being able to work independently.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Applies comprehensive knowledge of engineering concepts, procedures and practices.
• Analyze, design, and develop solutions to sounding rocket telemetry and power control systems.
• Devises appropriate test methods and documentation to evaluate, debug and check electrical and electronic systems.
• Documents the results of complex analysis and design tasks for technical reports and formal meeting presentations.
• Design moderately complex electronic and electrical systems; assists in developing component and TM system standards and testing/qualification techniques.
• Assists and directs efforts of technical support team personnel.
• Independently performs complex tasks.
• Accomplishments in work or judgment could significantly impact project success, client relationships, and the financial results of the organizational entity.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17002657&lang=en
• Post ID: 5747817 delaware